Retained List To Be Confirmed At 12:00 | Vital Football

Retained List To Be Confirmed At 12:00

Haks no surprise, but I thought we might hang on to TJ... I suspect that Smith will be advised he ought to be open to offers too.

Interesting not a lot of movement (yet!). I suspect that some of not all of those in discussion will go too!

I did think that at the end of the Portsmouth game TJ was waving to quite a few parts of the ground. He leaves with everyone's best wishes and will get himself fixed up at another club pretty easily. Probably back down south and if I was a gambling man I'd have thought Leyton Orient would be sniffing.

The discussion with Lewis might be along the grounds of a prove you are fit contract for the summer leading up to the start of the season.
Pay as you go month by month? If he has no contract and is not fully rehabilitated do we have an obligation to complete that I wonder? Perhaps more moral than contractual?

Also disappointed to see TJ going, he looked to have made a real step up in the first few games under MS but became a squad player again when MS had a full hand of CBs to select, as he's been for much of his time here. Never lacking commitment on or off the field and always seems to have a smile on his face.

Agreed a lower L1 side looks a good fit, Orient, Stevenage, Wycombe etc, theres a good range geographically.

Good luck to TJ and to Haks.

I believe the players are still in contract until 30th June regardless and any out of contract player without a new club get a further months pay?

In that case Montsma is covered until August.

You'd imagine there will be conversations with the likes of Smith and Brown about next season. All that announcement does is indicate the contractual obligations I guess.

Sad to see TJ go, but he’ll be one of the top earner, and he will want to be regular first team football, so best for all parties. Surprised with Montsma, but credit to the club for not ditching.
🤞 that the others sign up too. In Danny and Bish, we have real creative talent.
Expect a few to move on on the retained list so it will be another exciting summer as we wait for the pre season to return. UTI 👊💥👏

You'd imagine there will be conversations with the likes of Smith and Brown about next season. All that announcement does is indicate the contractual obligations I guess.

Definitely, there is zero chance Brown plays for us again.

Yes, I'm sorry to see TJ go. Maybe didn't reach the heights anticipated as an ex Spurs trainee, but always thought he was good enough for this level. Presumably MS sees (or doesnt see!!) things we don't, but I would still hope/expect him to have a good career in football at L1/2 level

I suspect we'll also try and agree a new deal with Sorenson.

No surprise that Adelekun is leaving, his spell here was a disaster despite his form for Doncaster since January and Eyoma wasn't the same player since his loan move from Spurs. Bit weird that Mandroiu is already out of contract given that we only bought him two years ago, albeit only for £30k?

Really, really surprised Montsma has been offered something, I genuinely thought he'd be told to retire because he's done both of his knees. Two or three years ago he was a Championship defender in waiting in my opinion but I'm not sure he'll be able to reach those heights again. Bit of a risk, that one. Can't say we haven't looked after him though. I think this year of his contract is the extra year we gave him when he did his first ACL here?

On Bishop, thought Skubala might release him to get someone in whose availability is more reliable but it's clear that Bishop's best football here has come under Skubala and look like they're a good player/manager fit.

Only two of the contracted players - Smith and Brown - I can see use trying to move on in the summer. Overall, the basis of a decent squad is there, arguably better placed than at any time in L1.

Also, the loanees statement is quite straightforward, but I wonder if there may be attempts to sign or reloan any of them, particularly Mitchell, McGrandles and Taylor.